Sunday, January 8, 2012

Good news for authors in 2012

I've never been more hopeful about the future of the book publishing. I had a conference call with my agent, Terrie Wolf of AKA Literary, yesterday. We, meaning me and my agency mates, learned that things are looking up and that editors are open to new authors and looking for new material. They are tired of vampires, dystopian and the like. They are looking for integrity, not gimmick.

This is super good news for me because so much of what I write (Ella's Rain, The Moment Keeper)  is about relationships and real life. So, I'm really looking forward to this year and hopeful that all of us at AKA will find homes for our work. We have a team that I'm honored and very proud to be a part of. 

I encourage you to believe in your dreams and to have the faith and stamina to continue your journey even when you are weighed down by life.

What have you heard about book publishing in 2012? 

1 comment: