Thursday, February 23, 2012

Meet AKA teammate: Christian Piatt

Meet another one of my AKA Literary teammates, represented by Terrie Wolf. 



Name: Christian Piatt (Author, Musician, Antagonist. God Nerd)


Lives in: Pueblo, CO 

Family: wife, Amy; son, Mattias, 8; daughter, Zoe, 3

Writes: Genres - Memoir, Theology. Subjects - Faith, Family, Parenting, Men, Humor

Coming April 1/Preorder today
Day job: I work part time doing audio & video production/editing and public relations to support my writing habit.

Titles of books you've written/sold: Here's a link to all of them: 


Twitter: @christianpiatt

Favorite book: Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild." I could read that book five times a year. Krakauer has a way of drawing you into the story that is intoxicating. 

Favorite book character: David Sedaris any time he writes about himself. Dude is brilliant.






Book you've learned the most from: Aside from the Bible? I'd have to say Walter Wink's "Jesus and nonviolence: A Third Way." It's a short book, but I reference it more than any other. It totally changed how I look at engaging the world in the context of my faith.

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? AJ Jacobs, because he's actually a friend of mine and he makes me laugh my ass off.

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: Write every single day, whether you have something to say or not. If you find it hard to do more often than not, you may not be a writer. If the very idea of not writing (whether you are published or not) is inconceivable, then you may actually be a writer.

Finish these sentences:

I wish I… I wish I had enough lives to write down all of the stories and Ideas I have running daily through my head.

If I knew… If I knew years ago how well being a writer paid, I'd have jumped on the gravy train much earlier! (Joke)



Aaron Tate

Louise Caiola

Katie Lee

Lee Richmond

Robert Spiller

Edward A. Iannuccilli

Tasha Cotter

Gilda Evans

Luis Cruz

Penny Fletcher

Matthew Porter Dyer

Carrie Filetti

Jessica Robinson

Krista Krueger

Karen Cane

E.W. “Chip” MacEnulty II

Eric M. Black

Maria Corley

1 comment: