Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lunchtime observations


I went for a walk over my lunch break. I never stop being a reporter or writer. I notice details others might miss and I wonder why -- a lot.


Sometimes when I walk, I see something and then I try to describe it in my mind. For example, today this is what I saw and how I described it in my mind.


Saw: White buds falling from trees

Described: White silky blossoms fluttered from the tree, carried away by the sweet spring breeze.  

Saw: Tiny green buds on trees

Described: The tiny leaves, snuggled together, reminded me of a butterfly’s wings, waiting to burst open and welcome the world.  



Saw: Pile of bark mulch

Described: The falling pyramid of bark mulch smelled woodsy.

Saw: Dirt and grass flying out of mower

Described: I crossed the street, escaping the debris flying from the mean mower.

Stop what you’re doing right now. Do you see anything to describe. What do you see? Describe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment