Friday, January 2, 2015

New year brings new possibilities

I love new beginnings. It's exciting to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. A new year brings new possibilities. It's full of hope and promise. Of new opportunities and challenges. Of wondrous adventures waiting to be had.
And yet, as much as I look forward to a new year, it's hard saying goodbye to this one. I've been blessed in so many ways and I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had and the memories I've made. From judging the Pulitzer Prizes to serving two fellowships at DePauw University to publishing four books, it's been a year filled with great accomplishments. I hope that 2015 will be even better.
When I think back over my yesteryears, there are some things I've learned.
I've learned never to give up on my dreams. I hope you never do. Tend to your dreams like you would anything you care deeply about. Guard them and protect them from the naysayers of the world and hold onto them tightly. Don't let them slip through your fingers and leave you holding nothing but thoughts of what might have been. Success is about hard work, passion and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment