Saturday, August 15, 2009

Confessions of an obsessaholic No. 5: Grocery cart

When I go to the supermarket I strategically park near the cart return. Why? you ask. (Or maybe you’re secretly hoping that I will just go away.) It’s about being efficient. I park near the rack so I don’t have too far to walk after loading the groceries into my car. I’ve thought a great deal about this (like 2 seconds) and it makes complete sense to me.

My husband, on the other hand, parks about 200 miles away. “You say you need to get more exercise,” he says. “Well, here you go.” I tell him that trekking hundreds of miles to the store door from the wilderness of the parking lot (making sure that I don’t step on sticky gum or yellow lines or pebbles big enough to twist my ankle) doesn’t count. Running seven miles uphill (winks) counts. He just looks at me and shakes his head and I’m like, well, you married me you fool. Now you have to put up with my crazy self. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Having had an infant in a car seat not terribly long ago, I can tell you that parking near the cart return is MORE THAN efficient if you've got a baby. Because if you're far away, you have to push the baby in the carseat in the cart TO the return, then carry the carseat back. If you're right next to it... carseat in car, cart in return, everyone safe and happy!

    ReplyDelete