Wednesday, April 2, 2014

David and Goliath in 'The Lion Awakens'

Buy book
I’ve always loved the story of David and Goliath. I suppose it’s because I’ve always rooted for the underdogs, believed in them even when they failed to believe in themselves.

Here was a shepherd boy who took on the champion of the Philistines. Who would have believed David even had a chance. After all, Goliath was stronger, bigger. He had everything going for him. Or did he?

David, armed with a bag of stones and a sling, defeated the mighty warrior.  He might not have matched Goliath's stature or strength, but he out matched him in ways that mattered.   

I’m sure King Saul, after watching David remove the armor he had dressed him in, doubted the young boy had a chance. But David used the talents given to him to achieve great things.

When I began writing “The Lion Awakens,” I wanted to tell the story of David and Goliath with a twist (or two, or three). I knew that Gabriel would be the messenger and that Peter would provide the foundation Annie and David would need to build a new world. 

I incorporated a lot of religious imagery in the book, from crosses to a crown of thorns. And of course, the lion.

The book involves a parallel universe, mean girls who will make your blood boil, and loyal friends who you can’t help but love.While this book is aimed at the young adult market, I think people of all ages will enjoy it.

And the ending? Let’s just say it will make your jaw drop! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get to see how it ends. I was almost there last night, but then my David came home and I didn't get to finish. Great story so far!
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Linda. Can't wait to see your review and what you think of the ending:)

    ReplyDelete