Monday, October 12, 2009

A special card

I have a card from one of my best friends that I keep by my laptop. There is a picture of two young girls on the front, one with her arm around the other.

The card reads:
(Front) I’m here for you – to hold your hand, offers words of hope, and when those don’t work…
(Inside) to binge on chocolate, or share a gallon of ice cream – whatever it takes.

Whenever I get a rejection or am feeling low or the words are just not coming easily to me, I read this card and it makes me smile and remember that the most important things in life are family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Buffy,
    I have a couple special cards on my desk too. One is from a writing friend I had to move away from. It's full of inspirational quotes. The other is my first fan mail. I had a story published in a magazine this month and a friend sent me a congratulations card.

    Rejections stink! I keep a photo album for good rejections. I keep them so I can gage my progress. I pitch the form letters.

    Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete