Monday, September 12, 2011

Another Borders haul

I went to Borders again this weekend. I just couldn't stay away. Borders has been a part of my life since it opened, and I vowed to be with my friend until the end. I came home with a bag full of books and, to someone not-in-the-know, it would appear it was just the usual haul from my weekly trip. Only it was anything but usual. I paid pennies for the tombs and I felt guilty. They were worth so much more. The sales are up to 90 percent now. Anyway, I wanted to share this story I saw this morning.

A visit to Borders

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It's so sad about Borders. I haven't been able to go back. There weren't any deals when I did go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent so much time as a kid going through Borders picking out books to devour. It's sad to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad to see them go. We had to adjust to Barnes & Noble when we moved here, but loved going on shopping trips to Borders when we were back in Missouri. So sad...

    ReplyDelete