Thursday, November 17, 2011

This kid's gonna be fun (and bad)

I know stories about kids who wake up and everything’s different has been done a zillion times. But my story’s different. I never woke up. At least not until…

Oops! Kind of getting ahead of myself.

Once upon a time. Nah. Need a beginning a little more grown up. OK. Got it. My middle name’s Trouble. At least that’s what my mom’s always saying. “Will, middle name Trouble,” she says, and then yells at me for whatever it is I’ve done wrong.

So the other day I got in big trouble at school, which means I got in even bigger trouble at home. But it was really Ryley’s fault. He bet me a dollar that I wouldn’t tell our teacher, Mr. Mock, that his dandruff looked like snow on the back of his blue shirt. I thought it was an easy buck, so after recess I waited for an opening. Sort of like when I play guard in basketball and look for an opening to push through and score. I didn’t have to wait long.

Mr. Mock was telling us about the pilgrims, and I raised my hand.

“Yes, Will.”

“Did they have dandruff shampoo?”

Mr. Mock’s face turned flamingo pink. I could tell he was thinking about how to answer my question but I didn’t give him time.

“Cause if they didn’t have any dandruff shampoo, their clothes would look like yours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment