Monday, November 7, 2011

Will, middle name Trouble

There’s a mischievous boy who’s been visiting me lately. He comes in the quiet of the night, between crawling in bed and falling asleep.


His name is Will, middle name Trouble. And I’m thinking that Will might just be my next middle-grade novel. He’s funny and bad, and he makes me laugh. And anyone who can make me laugh gets at least a literary try from me. Maybe Will and I will go somewhere and maybe we won’t. But I’m sure going to have fun trying.

When do ideas come to you? Any particular time or just whenever?

2 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention this, because I was just thinking about the change in my muse. I used to get ideas late at night - I woke up at 2 am one morning, sat on the stage, and outlined almost a whole book. Boy how I long for those days! Now my muse comes to me in the bathroom - when I'm in the shower, brushing my teeth, and blow drying my hair. Do you know how hard it is to take notes while in the shower? Or not burn my notebook with the flat iron? Sometimes I long for those middle of the night ideas.

    ReplyDelete