Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jump on the Pinterest bandwagon

Are you on Pinterest? If not, consider joining the social pinboarding site. It's way fun and another avenue to promote you and your work. Random House is among the publishers who are active on Pinterest. It's created boards ranging from Favorite Books from Our Childhood to Killer Coffee Books.
As an author, you can use Pinterest to promote you and your work. Here are some of the boards I've created:
Author Buffy Andrews  (This would look way cooler if I had real book covers!)
AKA Literary  (I will modify the settings on this board to allow others from agency to pin to it)

Old books

Bookshelves

Think Pink

Lime-tastic
Smart magazine (My team produces this bi-monthly glossy women's magazine)
I also post as YDR on Pinterest. Here are some of the boards I created under this account:
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. You could create a board with covers of your fave books or a board for the items that inspire you in your writing journey. 
If you're on Pinterest, do you have any tips to share?

ALSO,
21 must-follow Pinterest users from Mashable
How to get a Pinterest invite/Mashable

1 comment:

  1. not on, sadly, I just don't have time. I'm barely keeping up with blogging and writing. Sounds cool though!

    ReplyDelete