Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dialogue that made you laugh

How about sharing a snippet of dialogue from something you wrote that made you laugh out loud as you were writing it. I'll start:

From Freaky Frank

“Oh, Nate. Didn’t know that was you. Sounded like a girl.”
“Are you saying I sound like a girl, you punk?”
“Yeah. A little itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny frilly lace girl.”
“Why you Nerd Turd you. I’ll get you good.”
“Something wrong here, Mr. Fratello and Mr. Payne?” Mr. Bugg asked as he approached us in the hall.
Mr. Bugg is as tall as the Empire State building and, with his shiny bald head and bushy caterpillar eyebrows, he looks like an alien. He stood right in front of me and my face was inches from his boogie-smeared smiley face tie. Oh gross!
Nasty Nate looked at me. “Nothing’s wrong, Mr. Bugg, sir. I was just telling Frank what a great job he did in English class reading the part of Romeo.”
“And I was just telling Nate that he should have volunteered to read the part of Juliet because his voice is so high it sounds like a girl’s and he would have done a great job.”

3 comments:

  1. And here's a snippet of real dialogue from one of my reporter's stories I'm editing. He asked 5-year-olds what they were going to get their mom and dad for Christmas. One kid said, "I was gonna get my mom a bed for my dad. He doesn't have his own bed. They have to share."

    Totally cracked me up. So love kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! love it! Following from Sharon's Blog. Be reading more! Gotta love kids! :)
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting Ellie. And please stop back whenever you can. Best, Buffy

    ReplyDelete