Friday, February 5, 2010

Ella's Dance: A Grandma note

Note 322
My dearest Ella,
I know you are angry that I stopped the chemo. But please try to understand that I didn’t do it because I don’t love you. I did it because I do.
The truth is, Ella, that the chemo wasn’t working.  We knew that it was a long shot, and I prayed for a miracle. But it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. And I’d much rather spend the remaining time I have and be able to enjoy it with you than be sick until the end. I want to be able to go out to dinner or enjoy a movie. I want to have some fun.
What I’m trying to say in this note is that sometimes a little of something is better than a lot. I’d rather spend two great months with you than six too-sick-to-do-anything ones.
Please know that I love you and this decision was not easy for me to make. But I want to enjoy the time we have left. You are everything to me.
Love you bunches and bunches, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment