Thursday, February 25, 2010

WIP: The Lion Awakens

The Lion Awakens (WIP)
Logline: Two teens battle enemies from alternate universe to save their own.
Opening: “Gabe, we talked about this. There’s no other way. Annie and David need to know. We’ve watched over them for thirteen years. We’ve done everything we promised Charlotte and Tom we would do. But we need their help now.”
Gabriel looked at his dying brother lying under a heap of wool blankets in the brownstone they had lived in since coming to this universe. He knew Peter was right. They would need Annie and David’s powers, powers the teens were not yet aware they had, to stop the destruction of their world.
“Are you sure they will find the messages?” Peter asked.
Gabriel had observed Annie and David since they were toddlers. He knew everything there was to know about them. Their favorite foods and movies and TV shows and books and whether they did their homework or lied to their parents or skipped school or failed a test.
“They’ll find them,” Gabriel said, “and the lion will awaken.”

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds so great! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nisa. I'm about 25,000 words into it and it's been way fun. Can't wait to see where my characters take me. What are you working on?
    Others, too, please share in comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've peaked my interest...Do you write chapter by chapter? Or do you plot?

    If you get a chance to read my interview on my blog, I'd love to get your input. I'm going to do several more interviews and would appreciate any suggestions you have for me. :) I'm going to post a bit of the mg I'm working on on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon. I just write, often unsure of where my characters will take me or what direction the book will go. I'm not one of those people who outline a book. Writing is an adventure for me and it's always interesting and exciting to see where my characters take me. I do at some point (usually around the middle) need to write down some plot points. Plus I keep a notebook to jot down things as I'm writing that I need to make sure I incorporate into future chapters. For example, maybe I foreshadow something in chapter 3. I need to make sure that I include this at some point later in the book. That sort of thing. Am I making any sense? Everyone's different and works differently. There's no right or wrong. It's what works for you. Good luck with your project and I will most definitely read your interview. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete