Saturday, March 26, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Aaron Tate

I thought it might be fun to introduce some of my AKA Literary, LLC teammates. My friends who follow this blog are such a terrific group of people and I wanted to introduce you to another terrific group of people. First up is Aaron Tate. Here’s the skinny on Aaron.

Family: Wife, Denise, 31; Two sons, Corbyn (4) and Aaden (2)

Writes: YA

Day job: 7th-grade Science/S.T.E.M. teacher; Bromley East Charter School (K-8)

Titles of books you've written/sold: COLD SECRETS: A SoNaR ADVENTURE

Website: http://www.sonarbooks.com/

Blog: www.sonarbooks.com/blog

Twitter: @TateSoNaR

Facebook: SoNaR Adventure Books

Favorite book: THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH by Ken Follett

Favorite book character: Robert Langdon

Book you've learned the most from: TEACHING WITH LOVE & LOGIC: TAKING CONTROL OF THE CLASSROOM by Jim Fay and David Funk

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? I would love to sit down with Stephen Hawking and ask him to talk to me about all of his theories on the universe and beyond.

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: “You have a 0% chance of ever getting published if you don't give it a shot!”

Finish these sentences:

I wish I...can watch as my wife and boys read the dedication that I wrote to them in a published copy of my first novel.

If I knew...how satisfying writing fiction is, I would've started many years ago.

4 comments:

  1. That was a quick round of introduction and I loved it, thanks Buffy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marja. I will post one about every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your book Aaron. I interview debut authors on Literary Rambles http://caseylmccormick.blogspot.com/. E-mail me if you're interested when you get closer to your publication date. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Natalie--I will absolutely keep this in mind. Hopefully a contact will be coming sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete