Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Katie Lee

Here’s another one of my awesome AKA Literary teammates. Hope you check her out.

Name: Katie Lee

Lives in: Rockville, MD

Family: Parents, siblings, nephews, niece

Writes: Contemporary romances

Day job: Attorney

Titles of books you've written: MATCH MADE IN HASTE, MAN OF MY DREAMS, MATCH POINT

Website: http://authorsangst.weebly.com/

Blog: http://authorsangst.weebly.com/blog.html

Favorite book: Just one book? That’s impossible. I read so much and I generally love the books I read so it’s hard to pick a favorite.

Favorite book character: Again, this is asking the impossible but I do like the spunky heroines. . .especially in young adult fiction. . .Hermione from Harry Potter, Anne from Anne of Green Gables, Pippi Longstocking. I also enjoyed Stephanie Plum from the Janet Evanovich series.

Book you've learned the most from: LIFE LESSONS by Elisabeth Kubler Ross and David Kessler

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? I’d love to sit down with either Elisabeth Kubler Ross or J.K. Rowling. They are both fascinating women and probably have wonderful perspectives on things. Mainly I’d ask them about their lives because they’ve both had some very interesting experiences that no doubt shaped their literary careers.

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: Don’t get so attached to what you’ve written that you can’t edit it to make it better, and you can always make it better.

Finish these sentences:

I wish I...was writing full time. . .in my villa in the South of France!

If I knew...how long and hard the journey to publication would be. . .I’d still do it!

Previous profiles:
Aaron Tate
Louise Caiola

4 comments:

  1. Great interview. Katie, I always find it inspiring to learn of attorneys who also have a successful writing career. It gives me hope that I can juggle it all too. Good luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! I would love to write full time, too--though I'll take a villa in Italy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all dream of writing full time, from some place heavenly - wherever that might be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Natalie. I'm not sure I juggle it all but I try. Pam - how about we trade off villas? Because I love Italy too! And mshatch, I think that's just given wish for all aspiring writers. :)

    ReplyDelete