Thursday, June 16, 2011

I wish I could go to college...

My son and I went to his college advising day recently. I attended the parent sessions while he attended the student ones. After listening to all the speakers, I wished I was the one who was going to college. He has so many more opportunities than I had when I was his age. Tons of countries from which to choose a study abroad program, lots of cool clubs and classes.

OK, so I know that I'm dating myself (but you're only as old as you feel and I feel like a 12-year-old), but here's a list of some of the things I can remember using in college, some of which my son has never seen in his lifetime.

1. Smith-Corona Electric typewriter
2. Hot pot (good for making Ramen noodles)
3. Electric popcorn maker (Good for making Rice-A-Roni)
4. Rotary wall phone (Don't know how I ever lived without a cell phone)
5. Floppy diskette

What about you? Are there things from your college years that today's college student wouldn't know what to do with?




No comments:

Post a Comment