Monday, July 23, 2012

Dealing with tough writing days

I love to write, but some days it's tough. Maybe I'm too tired after working a long day (I have a full-time job) or I have a ton of commitments that beckon me. I've never been the type of writer who sets daily goals. Some days I might write 500 words and the next day 1,000.

I learned to listen to my body. If I'm tired, I'm tired. If I push myself to write when I'm too tired to think my my writing stinks.

What about you? Do have daily word limits? Do you write every day? Do you feel guilty if you don't?

3 comments:

  1. No I don't have daily limits or write everyday. I can totally relate to being too tired or overwhelmed with other duties like a full-time job. I just try to plug along the best I can, knowing that there will be other times when I can write more. I try not to write when I'm too tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was working on my book I tried to get a chapter a week written. Sometimes I did, sometimes not. Recently I took a break before tackling revisions and allowed myself to write whatever I wanted which was fun. But now it's time to revise so while I don't have a word count goal I do have a list of things I need to accomplish. It is hard when we work at another job full time which can sometimes suck all our energy (mine does anyway!) but I keep hoping one of these days this writing thing will pan out :)

    keep writing Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to do something related to writing 5 days a week (at least). It doesn't always happen. My mood dictates how productive I am. Today I wrote about 400 words of garbage. I gave up for the day. I'm thinking I should just delete the documents I started....Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. :)

    ReplyDelete