Monday, August 2, 2010

Quote of the day

"Forget all the rules. Forget about being published. Write for yourself and celebrate writing." --Melinda Haynes

And a second one because I just couldn't help myself.

"The first step is to find out what you love -- and don't be practical about it. The second step is to start doing what you love immediately, in any small way possible. I've seen what happens to people when they get to do what they love. They light up. They glow. They have a kind of energy that's wonderful." --Barbara Sher


To all of my cyber friends, let's celebrate writing and be grateful that we are able to do what we love. Even in your posts I feel your energy and passion. I hope you never lose that. Blessings, Buffy

6 comments:

  1. Buffy, somehow you always find these great quotes! They start my days off in such an inspirational way. Thank you!

    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marissa. Hope all is going well for you and your writing. Keep believin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Energy is great, Buffy. Positive energy is powerful...you have a ton. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I don't know about forgetting about being published; it's pretty much all I've wanted for as long as I can remember. But I can forget the rules, at least some of the time, and I will definitely continue to do what I love: write. Thanks for the inspiration, Buffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri, thanks for the compliment. Although I feel pretty zapped of energy today.

    Marcy, I so know what you mean. I struck out today. Three rejections popped into my inbox, one right after the other. Uugh!

    But thank you all for visiting my blog and encouraging and supporting me. I've been feeling a bit down lately and knowing that you are out there cheering me on helps immensely. Blessings, Buffy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do feel blessed to be able to stay home and be a wife, a mom and a writer. Blogging has been a huge blessing. Having people read and responding to my words has been wonderful. Buffy, you have been so wonderful to me. I can't wait until I get have a signed copy of Ella's Dance in my hands...You are so encouraging (please excuxe my spelling...) to your blog friends.

    ReplyDelete