Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A list worth reading


Interesting list if you haven't read it yet.
Beloit College Mindset List for the entering college class of 2014  
A few excerpts:
Most students entering college for the first time this fall — the Class of 2014 — were born in 1992. For these students...  
6. Buffy has always been meeting her obligations to hunt down Lothos and the other blood-suckers at Hemery High.
12. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry. 
18. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess. 
27. Computers have never lacked a CD-ROM disk drive. 
Click on the link to read the complete list and for my more mature readers (Smiles) tell me what you think.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my. It is funny to think of this. I teach 1st grade, so when I see my students' birthdays as 2003, 2004, and so on, I nearly die. That was like, yesterday! Thanks, Buffy!

    Marissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa, wait until you hire people who could be your son or daughter! Now that's way weird. Not to mention it makes you feel a bit old. (Smiles) I think about all of the things my own kids have never seen -- like a record player. I have an old picture/word board book and it's funny to look through it and see all of the things that are no longer a part of our lives -- like a telephone with a cord. Anyway, thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I just threw away a pack of unused floppy disks. :)

    Do you remember twisting the telephone cord when you were talking to your boyfriend when you were a teen? Our kids will never have that. But I guess my hubby doesn't text me, so my daughter will have that when she has a boyfriend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?? Where the heck is Hemery High? It's Sunnydale High! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, heck if I know. (Smiles) Came right from the list. So maybe they made a mistake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a teacher. It occured to me recently that my kids probably don't know what a walkman is!

    ReplyDelete