Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Quote of the day

"We become what we think about all day long."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson
So what do you think about? What is your passion? What do you want to be doing five years from now and how are you going about achieving it? Tough questions, I know. But I don't think it's enough to have a goal in mind. You have to have a plan of action. How are you going to get from point A to point Z because you know all of those darn letters in between are going to raise hell and give you grief and pull you in every direction but the one you want to go in. So, how will you deal with these challenges and do you believe enough in yourself and your talent to persevere even when it would be way easier to give up? The thing about life is that it's never easy. Sometimes, most times, it's downright difficult. But it's what we think about all day long. It's what gets us up in the wee hours of the morning and keeps us up late at night that will be the driving force behind our success. Believe and it will be.

4 comments:

  1. I love the last part of the quote. Believe and it will be. So positive and true. I guess I must want to write more because that's what's getting me up in the wee hours of the morning. I hope I become better at my craft and produce a story more quickly with less revisions over the next 5 years. I'm keeping my goals at things I can control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my son told me that during one of the play off games against the yankees when we (meaning us red sox fans)finally won the world series one of the fans had a banner that read, "you have to believe it to see it."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great point, Buffy! Four years ago my hubby made me write a business plan for my writing. I need to pull it out and make a review and update it. I know I'm not where I thought I would be, but I've done a lot of things that I didn't know would even be necessary on this journey. Perhaps writing those positives down would be a good exercise. :-) Have a wonderful day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quote. And so true. It makes me feel bad for what I've been thinking about lately. I really need to focus in on what's more important. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete