Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Jessica Robinson

Another one of my rockin' AKA Literary teammates.

Name: Jessica Robinson

Lives in: Collinsville, Connecticut

Family: Husband, Scott; sons, Camden, 7 and Mason, 4

Writes: non-fiction

Day job: wedding and event designer

Titles of books you've written/sold: ENCHANTED WEDDINGS and THE NEW ENGLAND KITCHEN

Website: http://www.jesscountryflowers.com/

Blog: www.jesscountryflowers.blogspot.com

Twitter: @JCFevents

Facebook: Jessica Robinson

Favorite book: JULIA CHILD: MY LIFE IN FRANCE

Book you've learned the most from: THE MARTHA RULES by Martha Stewart

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? Julia Child. I think I'd ask her, how she kept herself so composed while trying to publish her first cookbook. What made her push forward and take on the huge task of getting it done?

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received? Keep going and be prepared for lots of rejections from literary agents. Someone will eventually see something special in your writing and sign you as one of their clients.

Finish these sentences:

I wish I... knew it would be such an emotional roller coaster of sorts with trying to publish my first book. I also wish I could stop noticing how many other people have recently published books.

If I knew...more about the process of becoming published, or how long it may take, I would possibly relax a bit.

Other AKA profiles:

Aaron Tate
Louise Caiola
Katie Lee
Lee Richmond
Robert Spiller
Edward A. Iannuccilli
Tasha Cotter
Gilda Evans
Luis Cruz
Penny Fletcher
Matthew Porter Dyer
Carrie Filetti

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Jessica! Beautiful website! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to meet another one of your agent teammates, Buffy!

    Wonderful advice on what you wish you knew, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sharon. I think it's so interesting the "day jobs" they have. Thanks for stopping by as usual.

    ReplyDelete