Monday, April 18, 2011

Meet AKA teammate: Matthew Porter Dyer

Another one of my awesome AKA Literary teammates.

Name: Matthew Porter Dyer


Lives in: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Family: Married to Tara McGowan (I decided to keep my last name); daughter, Karen, 8 years old; son, Cash, 6 years old

Writes: YA, Thriller, and Educational nonfiction

Day job: Director of Communications for Writers Fusion, LLC, High School English Teacher, Department Head

Titles of books you've written/sold: SHADOW PEAK, THE TOYMAKER, THE MESSENGER AT PARADISE HIGH, THE WRITERS FUSION TEACHER GUIDE

Website: http://www.writersfusion.com/

Twitter: @writersfusion

Facebook: Writers Fusion group page

Favorite book: KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL

Favorite book character: Henry Chinaski

Book you've learned the most from: THE RAZOR'S EDGE

If you could have dinner with any author, who would it be and what would you ask him/her? Charles Bukowski -- Can I buy you a drink?

What is the best piece of writing advice you ever received: The road to hell is paved with adverbs...

Finish these sentences:

I wish I ... had started writing much younger.

If I knew ... you were coming I'd a baked a cake...

Other AKA profiles:

Aaron Tate
Louise Caiola
Katie Lee
Lee Richmond
Robert Spiller
Edward A. Iannuccilli
Tasha Cotter
Gilda Evans
Luis Cruz
Penny Fletcher

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have started writing earlier too, Matthew. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete