Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dreams that speak to us

I had the craziest dream the other night and I can’t seem to get it out of my head. I silently prayed while kneeling at the Communion rail. At the end of the church service, the pastor “found” a bundle of envelopes on the lectern. There was an envelope for each congregant. When I opened mine, I found the answer to my prayer. But how? I wondered. It’s not like the pastor heard my prayer (and everyone else’s) and scrambled to write these notes in the few minutes between Communion ending and the service concluding. Chatter erupted as each person opened their envelope and found just what they needed. One woman, tears streaming from her eyes, fell to her knees. A man clutched his heart and was visibly shaken. I scratched my head trying to make sense of it all but I couldn’t wrap my brain around it. So, there you have it. What do you think the dream meant?
Don't forget to share your inspirational moment here.

2 comments:

  1. maybe the dream represents hope - do you remember what was written? Was it helpful?

    ReplyDelete