Friday, June 11, 2010

Quote of the day

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." --Dr. Seuss
Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss book? Or a favorite Dr. Seuss quote? Here's one of my favs, and timely since it's so fitting for graduation.

Congratulations!

Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

4 comments:

  1. I love Dr. Suess! Especially Horton Hears a Who - because a person is a person no matter how small :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a long list of Dr. Seuss favorites. The Lorax and Fox in Sox are my top two though. As for quotes -- I love the quote on fantasy that you posted. Here are a couple others:

    "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

    "Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them."

    And this one:

    "You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room."

    Great post! And thanks for stopping by the blog. We love seeing you there.

    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy: I love Horton, too:)

    Martina: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." is one of my favs, too.

    That Dr. Seuss was a very smart man!

    ReplyDelete