Monday, June 14, 2010

Wizarding World of Harry Potter



     I can’t wait to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park later this summer. The attraction opens Friday. 
    For Potterphiles, it will be awesome to see how they brought the books to life. We’ll be able to walk down Hogsmeade, lined with our favorite shops: Zonko’s joke shop and the confectionary Honeydukes. We’ll be able to drink butterbeer and pumpkin juice, buy a wand or a broomstick or Sneakoscopes and extendable ears.  
    And, of course, we’ll be able to walk the halls of Hogwarts, where Harry and his magician friends study and live.
    Park construction was overseen by the production manager from the Potter movies, so I think we can count on it being great. 
    There are three rides in the new Potter Park, but the one I’m most excited about is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. The ride combines the sensation of flight with a ton of special effects. Riders journey through Potter’s life, from the Quidditch field to the mouths of giant spiders and dragons. Sounds like a lot of fun! 
    What book would you like to see brought to life in a theme park? Anyone?


   
   
   

7 comments:

  1. The Harry Potter ones for sure. Maybe Lord of the Rings. Though to be honest I probably couldn't go. Rides make sick. Let us know all about it. I'll enjoy it from my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go so bad! Hmmm how about a Hunger Games Theme park... Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie: I will definitely let you know how it is.

    Anne: I love Hunger Games but definitely not theme park material. You're right...Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see Narnia made into a theme park. I think they could do tons with it!

    Can't wait to see HP World--we've been counting down till this opens for months. SO excited. I wonder if they'll have any of the more popular wizarding rock groups there? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
    ******
    www.chimeracritiques.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we can visit the Harry Potter theme park in the next few years! It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Callie: Narnia would be magical, wouldn't it?

    And Kelly, I'll let you know all about it. Not going to August, though.

    Thanks everyone for stopping in to check on my blog. Have a terrific night:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buffy--Katherine and I went to Annick (I'm spelling that wrong) in the north of England. Part of Harry Potter was filmed there. It was beautiful! I'm sure you'll have an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete